Wonderstorm is a double threat media studio that creates timeless animated TV series and engaging video games that anchor our entertainment franchises.
Our first franchise, the Emmy Award-winning The Dragon Prince, began as an original animated series on Netflix in 2018. All three seasons have been a Top 10 digital original and are rated 100% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. The series was recently picked up for four additional seasons. A world-class video game for The Dragon Prince is under development by the same creative team.
And that's where you come in.... We’re looking for a passionate UI Engineer who can help bring our vision to fruition by collaborating with our UX, Engineering, and Design teams to create an amazing player experience.
What you will do...
- Be the conduit between engineering and the UI/UX team, connecting our in-game front end to the platform
- Write code and implement directly in UE4 and UMG to bring the game UI to life
- Iterate on new and existing features, working closely with UI/UX designers and the game design team
- Rapidly prototype features for quick interactive testing and user feedback
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers on feature implementations using wireframes and/or visual design comps
- Bring UI designs to life through widget blueprints, including authoring animation and UI material effects
- Actively contribute to the growth of a startup studio. Lead by example, including demonstrating a willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborate with others to share techniques and ideas, and contribute to a positive working environment
- Thorough knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 and UMG
- 3+ years experience in UI engineering for a console, PC, or mobile game
- Passion for intuitive UIs and a deep understanding of UI flow and design
- Demonstrated proficiency in C/C++
- Deep understanding of UE4 Blueprints
- Knowledge of best-practices for building and localizing UI for multiple languages
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation
- Excellent communication and time management skills
Wonderstorm Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.